An exciting opportunity has become available at Petro Well Services. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Superintendent to head up our maintenance team based in Banchory, Aberdeenshire.
If you are experienced in this type of role and are looking to join a dynamic SME please submit your application. Our maintenance Superintendent will lead the company’s equipment maintenance program and ensure that it meets all relevant regulatory requirements. This will include:
- Sustain, improve and update equipment maintenance programs for all new and existing company equipment.
- Co-ordinate and oversee personnel performing maintenance and repair work on said equipment.
Responsibilities will include
- Creation and monitoring of equipment Performance Standards – SECE & Pfeer analysis and undertake the associated risk analysis.
- Sustain, improve and coordinate the equipment maintenance program (WSoE), via the equipment management software (IFS), and establishes repair priorities; reviews and approves maintenance personnel time cards, work orders and material records for cost accounting purposes.
- Prepares the maintenance budget and annual work program, including time and cost estimates and detailed material specifications; makes recommendations on the purchase, allocation and disposal of machinery, equipment, parts and supplies.
- Assists in the diagnosis of faults or problems and the evaluation of necessary repairs; authorizes use of replacement parts and materials; plans and schedules training on new and specialized maintenance and repair techniques; assists in obtaining repair estimates for insurance purposes.
- Prepares analysis of maintenance and repair records, purchase prices and leasing costs; compares cost effectiveness of replacement to continued operation, purchase to fabrication of parts, and/or field repair expenses; prepares equipment for sale.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with safety procedures and regulations at work site; attends safety meetings; reviews safety concerns and suggestions with management and assigned staff.
- Receives and responds to requests for service; authorizes priority variations in urgent or emergency situations; resolves customer concerns and scheduling conflicts; coordinates maintenance activities with relevant internal departments and other agencies.
- Assists in hiring and overseeing maintenance & repair personnel (including temporary personnel); assists in preparation of performance evaluations; facilitates staff training and development; promotes cooperative team efforts; motivates employees to provide quality service to the business.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (BEng Minimum). OR:
- HND in Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Maintenance Superintendent role
- 10+ years Mechanical experience in the Offshore Equipment Industry.
- Good knowledge of techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in equipment maintenance, inspection and repair.
- Experience in using ERP software (IFS /SAP)
- Design and operation of offshore equipment (specifically drilling/workover related equipment), hydraulics, accessory power equipment and computer control systems.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to maintenance and repair.
- Sound knowledge of UK and Norway regulations applicable to maintenance specifications, safety and environmental quality.
- Safe operation of repair and maintenance equipment.
- Professional courses – PED general awareness training, DSEAR and ATEX training, Machinery’s Directive awareness training, NFPC Level 2 Hydraulics or equivalent.
- Permit to Work training.
- Lifting equipment courses: Manual Handling Awareness, Lifting equipment selection/operation.
- Hot work training: Abrasive wheels, Safe use of oxy-fuel gas, Welding.
- Specialist working environment training: Confined Space Entry, Working at height and Rescue from height.
- Pressure testing: Safe system design and Testing practices.
- Current Offshore Survival, MIST, Fire Fighting and Medical Certification essential, Norwegian standard beneficial.
- Experience in the Offshore Drilling Industry.